City Council Highlights - November 19, 2018
By City Staff
Authorized a crossing agreement with Imperial Oil Limited for two overhead pipe racks and pipelines across Vidal Street South.
Approved the permanent closure and decommissioning of the Vidal Street Walkway, and the construction of a permanent utility-only structure adjacent to the site of the Vidal Street Walkway for the support/transmission of existing Bell Canada, Union Gas, and City-owned utilities.
- Alternate pedestrian access over the CNR main line shall continue to be available via the Donohue Bridge as well as via Christina Street South/St. Andrew Street.
Adopted the Engineer’s Report for improvements to the Storey Drain.
- Work on the Storey Drain is estimated to be $884, budgeted from the 2019 Drainage Rehabilitation Reserve.
Adopted Terms of Reference for the Communities in Bloom Committee.
- The Terms of Reference are intended to provide accountability for financial transactions made by the City on the group’s behalf and also formalizes allocations of staff time and City resources.
Directed staff to report back on options for the remuneration of members of City Council in light of the loss of the 1/3 tax free status.
Received the 2018 Quarter 3 Budget Status Report.
- The forecast for all budgets combined is a surplus of $554,809, which represents 0.40% of the $139,596,680 combined budget.
The Inaugural Council Meeting will be held December 3, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. The next Regular Council Meeting will be held December 17, 2018 at 4:00 p.m. A Public Input and Grants Session will be held December 17, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
This article was posted Monday, November 19, 2018 5:39 PM
- [ 76.1 KB ]City Council Highlights - November 19, 2018
What is PDF? PDF stands for Portable Document Format and is a way of distributing documents over networks while ensuring they always print the same. To view PDF files, you need either the Foxit Reader or Adobe Reader