County Council Highlights - Oct 3
By County of Lambton
Wednesday, October 3, 2018
Wyoming, ON – At its regular meeting Wednesday, October 3, 2018, Lambton County Council:
- Approved the naming of property donated to the County of Lambton by the Lucio and Marilyn Sandrin family of Lambton Shores as "Sandrin Woods" and directed the property to be incorporated as part of the Lambton County Heritage Forest.
- Directed staff to form a steering committee with key local decision makers to identify local priorities and draft recommendations for action to address alcohol and drug use in Lambton County, with a report to come back to Council by March 2019.
- Increased the Warden's base salary to $74,785, due to recent tax free allowance changes by the Federal government.
- Adopted a new "flat annual salary in lieu of annual honorarium and meeting pay" model for County Councillors and the Deputy Warden. Effective December 1, 2018, Councillors will be compensated at the rate of $22,645 per annum while the Deputy Warden will be paid $34,645 per annum. Meeting pay will not be payable after November 30.
- Passed a resolution to implement traffic measures and install warning devices on County Road 80 (Courtright Line) through Brigden and in the area of County Road 31 (Kimball Line).
- Noted that Council will next meet in regularly scheduled Open Session Wednesday, November 7, 2018.
Communications & Marketing Coordinator
County of Lambton
519-845-0809 ext. 5214
This article was posted Wednesday, October 3, 2018 1:26 PM
- [ 141.6 KB ]County Council Highlights - October 3
What is PDF? PDF stands for Portable Document Format and is a way of distributing documents over networks while ensuring they always print the same. To view PDF files, you need either the Foxit Reader or Adobe Reader