County Council Highlights - February 6
By County of Lambton
Wyoming, ON – At the first regular meeting of its term Wednesday, February 6, 2019, Lambton County Council:
- Heard a presentation from the Lambton Children's Safety Village which is seeking a grant of $250,000 from Council at budget deliberations to assist with construction of a safety village.
- Heard a presentation from the United Way of Sarnia-Lambton.
- Heard annual update presentations from Tourism Sarnia-Lambton and the Sarnia-Lambton Economic Partnership.
- Received an update presentation regarding plans for the Oversize Load Corridor Project.
- Held the Annual General Meeting of the County of Lambton Community Development Corporation for the Western Sarnia-Lambton Research Park.
- Supported a request to have a section of Highway 40 in Sarnia dedicated as "Veterans Parkway."
- Approved a new Speed Limits Review Policy.
- Directed staff to formally write to the Minister of Health and Long-Term Care to request access to Real Time Dispatch via the Wallaceburg Central Ambulance Communications Centre in order to improve ambulance response times, improve data quality, and increase operational efficiency.
- Approved a Council-Staff Relations Policy.
- Tabled a number of suggested amendments to the County's Code of Conduct and Integrity Commissioner By-Laws until Council's April 2019 meeting.
- Adopted the "Alternate Members" Policy which allows local municipalities to appoint one of their members as an alternate member of County Council to act in place of an absent County Councillor.
- Directed staff to report back to Council on the progress being made on the redevelopment of the former CIBC bank building at 190 Front Street, Sarnia.
- Noted that a Joint Meeting of Committee A.M. and Committee P.M. will be held at 11:30 a.m., Wednesday, February 20 for the presentation of the Draft 2019 County Budget.
- Noted that Council will next meet in Open Session to consider the 2019 County Budget beginning at 9 a.m., Wednesday, March 6, 2019.
This article was posted Thursday, February 7, 2019 9:42 AM
What is PDF? PDF stands for Portable Document Format and is a way of distributing documents over networks while ensuring they always print the same. To view PDF files, you need either the Foxit Reader or Adobe Reader