2018 Municipal Election
The 2018 municipal and school board election in the City of Sarnia will be held using internet and telephone voting only.
Voting will begin on Thursday, October 11 at 9:00 a.m. You can vote 24/7 until 8:00 p.m. on Monday, October 22, 2018. Eligible electors can vote using a telephone, computer, cell phone, iPad, tablet, or laptop.
The City Clerk conducts elections for the following offices:
- Mayor (1)
- City/County Councillors (4)
- City Councillors (4)
School Board Trustees:
- Lambton Kent District School Board (3)
- St. Clair Catholic District School Board (2)
- Conseil Scolaire Viamonde (French Public School Board) (1)
- Conseil Scolaire Catholique Providence (French Catholic School Board) (1)
Voter Help Centres
If you do not have access to a device to vote online or if you require assistance, you may visit Sarnia City Hall from October 11 to October 22 from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm weekdays, and on Saturdays 10:00 am to 4:00 pm.
The following locations will provide voter assistance on Monday, October 22, 2018 from 4:00 pm until 8:00 pm: Sarnia City Hall, Clearwater Arena, St. Patrick’s Catholic High School, and Bright’s Grove Public School.
City of Sarnia 2018 Municipal Election: Telephone Voting
City of Sarnia 2018 Municipal Election: Internet Voting
Voter Look Up Tool for Municipal Election 2018
voterlookup.ca is the easiest way to ensure you are on the list to vote for the upcoming municipal election.
- Go to www.voterlookup.ca
- You will need the following on hand: your property address or assessment roll number and your full name and date of birth.
- Enter either your personal information or your assessment roll number. Click Next. You may be asked to confirm additional information. Simply follow the prompts that appear. You’re done!
The City of Sarnia will be hiring approximately 65 election workers for the 2018 municipal election. Election workers will provide support at Voter Help Centres and will visit retirement residences and long-term care homes to provide devices and to assist voters.
Workers must commit to a training session. Several workers will be required to staff the Voter Help Centre at City Hall from October 11- 22, while the majority of election workers will work on the final day of voting, October 22, when three additional Voter Help Centres will be open.
The following positions will be hired:
- Election Assistants – Assist voters using City-provided devices or voter devices (i.e. cell or tablet), and/or assist Election Officials
- Election Officials – Delegated powers of the Clerk to amend the voters list and issue new PINs
Apply to be an election worker at the following link: https://workerapplication.voterview.ca/3829
Public Information Sessions for Internet and Telephone Voting
Wednesday, September 19
10:00 – 11:00 a.m. and
7:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Sarnia City Hall, Council Chambers
Click here to access the 2018 Council Candidates Information Package.
Click here to access the 2018 School Board Candidates Information Package.
Click here to access the 2018 Third Party Advertisers Information Package.
For more information please contact the Clerks Department by phone 519-332-0330 ext. 3320 or email email@example.com.
- [ 80.5 KB ]Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Internet Telephone Voting - Updated July 17
- [ 1.93 MB ]Election Procedures Manual - July 19 2018
- [ 94.8 KB ]By-Law 42 of 2017
- [ 171.1 KB ]Campaign Finance Information for Municipal Council Candidates
- [ 697.9 KB ]Candidate and Third Party Advertiser Presentation
- [ 78.4 KB ]Media Release - June 19, 2018 - Public Information Sessions for Municipal Election
- [ 78.2 KB ]Media Release - July 12, 2018 - Deadline for Election Nominations
- [ 32.8 KB ]Candidate Questions for the Clerk
What is PDF? PDF stands for Portable Document Format and is a way of distributing documents over networks while ensuring they always print the same. To view PDF files, you need either the Foxit Reader or Adobe Reader
This page was reviewed or revised on Thursday, August 16, 2018 6:07 PM