PUBLIC MEETING February 27
By City Staff
CITY OF SARNIA NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING
Please be advised that a public meeting of City Council is scheduled for Monday, February 27, 2017, at 4:00 p.m. in the Council Chambers at City Hall, to hear the application listed below. Please check with the City Clerk for the time when this application will be dealt with.
Persons wishing to speak to this application are requested to notify the City Clerk on or before noon, Wednesday, February 22, 2017 in order to be placed on the agenda, although anyone in attendance will be given an opportunity to address Council on this matter.
REZONING APPLICATION 7-2016-85 OF 2002 is a City-initiated general amendment to the City’s Zoning By-law No. 85 of 2002. The proposed changes would bring the City’s zoning regulations into conformity with the Planning Act, which requires municipalities to permit secondary dwelling units in single detached, semi-detached and townhouse dwellings.
More specifically, the following changes are proposed to Zoning By-law 85 of 2002:
- Amend Section 2 to add a definition for “Dwelling Unit, Secondary” and modify definitions for “Dwelling, Converted” and “Habitable Room”;
- Add a new Subsection 3.10(4) to regulate secondary dwelling units, which would include:
- minimum and maximum floor areas;
- minimum lot sizes;
- exterior alteration restrictions; and
- restrictions in natural hazard areas and areas where servicing is insufficient or not available;
- Amend Section 3.37(2)(a) to require a minimum of one parking space for a secondary dwelling unit;
- Amend Section 8.1 by removing “A converted single detached dwelling containing not more than 2 dwelling units” as a permitted use;
- Delete Section 8.2.2. in its entirety; and
- Amend Zoning Map Parts 1-83 of Zoning By-law by replacing them with updated Zoning maps that would include approved Official Plan natural hazard mapping.
The proposed By-law amendment would apply City-wide and for this reason no map is provided.
For more information about this application, contact the Planning and Building Department, 3rd Floor, City Hall, anytime during business hours (Tel. 519 332-0330 Ext. 3344); forward E-mails to firstname.lastname@example.org
Copies of the comments of the various City Hall Departments and other agencies who have reviewed this application, the Planning Department's planning report with recommendation, and copies of the proposed zoning by-law amendment will be available at the Planning and Building Department, 3rd Floor, City Hall, on or after Friday, February 24, 2017.
Council agendas are posted on the City’s website at www.sarnia.ca or can be obtained from the Clerk’s Department, 2nd Floor City Hall, on Friday, February 24, 2017.
PLANNING ACT INFORMATION
- If a person or public body does not make oral submissions at a public meeting or make written submissions to the Council of The Corporation of the City of Sarnia before the by-law is passed, the person or public body is not entitled to appeal the decision of The Corporation of the City of Sarnia to the Ontario Municipal Board.
- If a person or public body does not make oral submissions at a public meeting, or make written submissions to the Council of The Corporation of the City of Sarnia before the by-law is passed, the person or public body may not be added as a party to the hearing of an appeal before the Ontario Municipal Board unless, in the opinion of the Board, there are reasonable grounds to do so.
Dated January 21, 2017
Dianne Gould-Brown, City Clerk
This article was posted Thursday, January 19, 2017 4:00 PM