The Building section of the Planning and Building Department is responsible for providing a range of building services which may be summarized as follows:
- Process applications for building permits, sign permits and swimming pool permits;
- Conduct standard inspections of buildings, structures, signs and pool fences under construction to confirm compliance with the Ontario Building Code and applicable municipal by-laws;
- Respond to complaints and enforce compliance with the Building Code and municipal by-laws as necessary;
- Conduct licensing inspections as required;
- Prepare monthly and annual statement reports on building activity; and
- Respond to general inquiries.