Zoning By-law Enforcement
The intent of this service is to investigate and resolve zoning related issues that are brought to the City's attention. Some of the more frequently received zoning related complaints concern such issues as:
- heavy commercial vehicles parking in residential zones;
- parking in the front yard;
- vehicle repair in residential zones;
- illegal dwelling units;
- illegal home based businesses; and
- structures being built too close to property lines.
Complaints concerning matters related to the Zoning By-Law can be forwarded to the By-Law Enforcement Officers:
Adam MacDonald at 519 332-0330 Extension 3289
Garry Kerluke at 519-332-0330 Extension 3269.
Note: Any individual who brings to the City’s attention a potential zoning violation must be willing to leave their name, address and/or phone number, otherwise the matter will not be investigated.