The challenges of municipal Fire Fighters have become more complex in recent years as we provide a diverse range of emergency services while meeting stringent new standards and provincial legislation. With the advent of new hazards, new equipment and techniques, all Fire Fighters are continuously developing their skills and knowledge.
The Training Division is located at Station 1, 240 East Street North. This division is responsible for the training and implementation of procedures and programs meeting our departments needs. The Training Division provides and seeks technical expertise in helping the department meet our goal of optimizing public safety and the safety of Fire Fighters.
Training Division duties include:
- Develop training programs
- Manage the training environment
- Co-ordinate the delivery of Fire Fighter curriculum
- Deliver training programs including theory and practical drills
- Assess performance of Fire Service personnel
- Monitor and evaluate ongoing training programs
- Research, develop and evaluate policies, procedures, techniques & equipment
- Conducts live fire training