Day Camp & Summer Activity Centres
A great opportunity for your child to learn and experience the many values of the outdoors. This camp offers weekly themes, swimming, crafts, special events, special guests, games and so much more.
- Sessions – Monday to Friday, 7 weeks in total to choose from. Offered during the months of July and August
- Ages - For children ages 6 to10 yrs (must be 6 yrs old by June 1st)
- Bussing – Sarnia Transit bus transports the children daily. There are many bus stops to choose from throughout the city.
- Leaders – The leaders are senior high school and university/college students. All are certified in C.P.R. , First Aid and epi-pen use. We have a ratio of 1 leader per 10 campers. We also employ certified lifeguards to supervise the swimming sessions
Students between the ages of 14 to 19 years have the opportunity to gain volunteer experience with recreation programs ie. Day camps, aquatics, special events, etc. Please contact our department at 519 332 0330 extension 3210, or TTY: 519 332 2664 for further information or pick up an application on 3rd Floor at city Hall.
Subsidy is available to qualifying families for recreation programs. 50% of the registration fee is waived for those that qualify. For further information contact City Hall at 519 332 0330 extension 3210, or TTY: 519 332 2664
Summer Activity Centres
Fun and games await your children in a nearby neighbourhood park. Activities include weekly themes, crafts, games, outings, special guests and much more. An indoor facility is available during inclement weather. Summer Activity Centre Information Sheet
- Sessions – This program offers great flexibility, Families have a choice of which days to send their children. This program is available Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm from July to August (6 weeks). Youth may choose from full or half days
- Age – Preschool Program (3 to 5 yrs)
Must be 3 yrs old by June 1st & Toilet Trained
Youth Program – (6 to10 yrs)
- Leaders – The leaders are senior high school and university/college students. All are certified in C.P.R. and First Aid and epi-pen usage. Our ratio is 1 leader per 10 children