Reporting directly to the Manager, Operations Services and indirectly to the Corporate Manager of Human Resources, the Safety and Training Technologist is responsible for tracking and maintaining employee training records and implementing safety programming and training for Public Works.
- College diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or related field and 1 – 2 years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of training, education, and experience; and
- Valid Class G Driver’s Licence with an abstract acceptable to City guidelines.
Related work experience to include demonstrated competencies in:
- Solid understanding of Health and Safety legislation and regulatory requirements
- Developing and implementing occupational health & safety training and related programs;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to relate to all people at all levels of the organization;
- Presentation skills with the ability to utilize various methods, must have the ability to present in a variety of situations and formats ranging from one-on-one to large groups;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Superior customer service;
- Interpersonal skills, effective communication skills; and
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft applications.
Salary Range: $42,806.40 – $65,865.80 based on a 35 hour work week
Closing Date: November 17, 2019
Union: This position is represented by CUPE Local 3690
*Please note that testing may form part of the recruitment process.
Candidates are invited to submit a resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “2019-031 – Safety and Training Technologist”.