Reporting to the Supervisor of Building/CBO, the Building Official is responsible for enforcing the rules and regulations of the Ontario Building Code and City By-laws to ensure standards of construction are met.
- Three year College diploma in Civil Engineering/Architectural or Construction Technology plus 3 – 6 months of related work experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
- Provincially registered (BCIN) as required under Div. C 184.108.40.206 of the Building Code Act for Legal (Inspector) considered an asset.
Related work experience to include demonstrated competencies in:
- Ability to obtain provincial registration for House, Small Buildings and Building Services along with certification from the Ontario Building Official’s Association
- Solid understanding of the Ontario Building Code and associated reference documents with the ability to analyze, interpret and verify compliance with the requirements of the Building Code Act and City By-laws
- Reading and interpretation of blueprints/drawings/specs
- Superior verbal communication and customer service skills with the ability to effectively communicate technical information to all clients
- Public relations and customer service
- Intermediate skills in database applications and Microsoft Office
- Competent within the meaning of the Occupational Health & Safety Act
Salary Range: $40,749.80-62,699.00/year based on a 35 hour work week
Closing Date: This position will remain open until filled.
Union: This position is represented by CUPE Local 3690. Please note that testing may form part of the recruitment process.
Candidates are invited to submit a resume in confidence to email@example.com indicating “2019-034 – Building Code Technician”.