Reporting to the Director, this position provides front-line customer service and administrative support to the Community Development Services & Standards Department. Responsibilities include: answering and triaging inquiries for the Planning, Building and By-law divisions; drafting and editing correspondence; taking meeting minutes; processing invoices; and retrieving reports from database software.
This is a temporary opportunity for a period of up to eighteen (18) months.
- A two year college diploma in Office Administration and six – twelve months related work experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Related work experience to include demonstrated competencies in:
- Excellent organizational and administration skills with the ability to meet deadlines and multi-task in a busy office environment.
- Superior verbal communication and customer service skills including the ability to communicate with customers and answer questions and complaints in a highly professional and competent manner.
- Experienced in taking accurate and complete meeting minutes and supporting the team with general administrative needs where needed.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and database applications such as CityView and iCity.
- Ability to exercise discretion in handling confidential information.
- Excellent keyboarding, proof reading and data entry skills with an emphasis on accuracy.
- Working independently and within a team environment.
- Knowledge and experience working in Municipal Government preferred.
- Knowledge and experience working in a community organization, provincial and/or federal government agency would be regarded as an asset.
- Attendance at meetings outside of normal working hours is required.
Hourly Rate: $23.52-$36.19/hour, based on a 35 hour work week
Closing Date: October 20, 2019
Union: This position is represented by CUPE Local 3690
Candidates are invited to submit a resume in confidence to email@example.com indicating “2019-048 – Temporary Administrative Assistant”.