Under the direction of the Supervisor, By-law Enforcement, this position is responsible for the enforcement of Municipal By-laws pertaining to parking, traffic, animal control, property standards and zoning.
There are 2 opportunities available:
- Permanent Part-time
- Temporary Full-time
Unless otherwise indicated, you will be considered for both opportunities under this posting.
- A college diploma in Law & Security, Police Foundations or related field and 1-2 years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of training, education and experience.
- A valid Class G driver’s license with an abstract acceptable to City guidelines.
- The ability to work flexible hours is required.
Related work experience to include demonstrated competencies in:
- Regulatory or enforcement experience dealing with the public
- Knowledge of the regulations and by-laws related to municipal operations
- Dealing tactfully & diplomatically with the public exercising sound judgment and discretion as required
- Sound knowledge of court procedures and the legality of evidence
- Excellent customer service, communication and conflict resolution skills
- Sound written skills with the ability to maintain clear and accurate records
- Computer proficiency.
Hourly Rate: $26.48 – $40.74
Closing Date: October 20, 2019
Union: This position is represented by CUPE Local 3690
Candidates are invited to submit a resume in confidence to email@example.com indicating “2019-051 – By-law Enforcement Officer”.