Reporting to the Construction Manager, the Construction Technologist is responsible for: Preparation of project specifications; project design and ensuring compliance with contract drawings and specifications; as well as provincial and City standards on construction projects. The incumbent will also be responsible for the administration duties, preparation of progress draws and payment certificates and documentation of construction progress to meet provincial audit requirements.
- College diploma in Construction Technology or Civil Engineering Technology and a minimum of 1 – 2 years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Must be able to obtain OIT for Wastewater Collection Facility and OIT for Water Distribution Facility within 6 months of employment and Level One Wastewater Collection Facility license and Level One Water Distribution Facility license within the first three years of employment.
- Ability to work in a variety of weather conditions with exposure to outdoor elements, snow, rain, cold weather, summer heat, etc.
- Flexible work hours are required and will include hours in addition a regular shift including evenings and weekends during active construction periods
Related work experience to include demonstrated competencies in:
- Construction inspection skills;
- Project management skills related to construction, including preparation of plans, tenders and estimates for projects, setting work schedules, and prioritizing work to ensure deadlines are met;
- Understanding and applying Municipal and Regional Engineering standards and principles;
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
- Public relations/customer service;
- Sound written skills with the ability to maintain clear and accurate records;
- Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Reading and interpreting contract documents/blueprints.
Salary Range: $51,706-$79,534/year (Group I), based on a 35 hour work week
Closing Date: January 26, 2020
Union: This position is represented by CUPE Local 3690. Please note that testing may form part of the recruitment process.
Candidates are invited to submit a resume in confidence to email@example.com indicating “2020-01 – Construction Technologist”.