Under the direction of the Manager of Design & Infrastructure, the Engineering Technologist is responsible for the overall design and completion of various sewer, road and watermain projects, including all drawings and specifications, Ministry approvals and necessary documentation for the municipal construction projects.
This is a temporary position for a period of up to five (5) years.
- College diploma in Civil Engineering Technology plus one – two years related work experience or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Related work experience to include demonstrated competencies in:
- Thorough practical knowledge of civil engineering technology including design of drawings and specifications and understanding of construction layout
- Skilled in the use operation of computer software including AutoCAD, GIS and MS Office applications
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Public relations/customer service
Salary Range: $48,921-$75,257/year (Group H), based on a 35 hour work week
Closing Date: January 26, 2020
Union: This position is represented by CUPE Local 3690. Please note that testing may form part of the recruitment process.
Candidates are invited to submit a resume in confidence to email@example.com indicating “2020-02 – Engineering Technologist”.