Working within the Customer Service Centre at City Hall, our Customer Service Representatives (CRSs) represent the City as front line employees, providing details on programs and services and responding to a wide range of inquiries and requests for service in a professional and competent manner.
CSRs report to the Customer Service Manager and are responsible for providing customer service excellence over the phone, in person, and in written format such as email; processing applications; issuing passes and permits; accepting payments for a variety of items; and resolving, referring or transferring inquiries to appropriate City departments, employees or outside organizations.
This is a temporary opportunity for a period of up to 18 months.
- Three year college diploma in Business Administration and 1 – 3 months of related work experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Related work experience to include demonstrated competencies in:
- Handling & balancing cash
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Superior customer service and public relations skills
- Intermediate skills in spreadsheet and word processing applications
- Conflict resolution skills, including understanding and resourcefulness in order to deescalate situations
Salary Range: $40,749-$62,699/annum, based on a 35 hour work week
Closing Date: January 26, 2020
Union: This position is represented by CUPE Local 3690 and testing may form part of the recruitment process.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume in confidence to email@example.com indicating “2020-08 – Customer Service Representative”.