Reporting to the Transit Maintenance Supervisor, the Temporary Maintenance Assistants will provide snow removal services for the bus shelters and bus pads throughout the City during the winter months. The Temporary Maintenance Assistants will also assist with services in the Transit Garage including bus cleaning and shelter cleaning/maintenance. This position willl require you to work in extreme cold and warm environments daily, as necessary.
The approximate work term will be from early November, for a period of up to 5 months, dependent on weather conditions.
Education, Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent;
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Competency within the meaning of the Occupational Health & Safety Act;
- The ability to lift up to 50 pounds;
- Related work experience with snow removal equipment items such as shovel, snow blower and pick up truck with a plow;
- Clean shaven with the ability to be fit tested and wear a respirator as required; and
- Class “G” Licence with an abstract acceptable to City guidelines.
This position is represented by UNIFOR Local 127 and offers a rate of pay of $20.00/hour, based on a 40 hour work week.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “2020-055 – Temporary Maintenance Assistant”, by September 30, 2020.