Under the general direction of the City Solicitor, the Assistant City Solicitor is responsible for providing a full range of legal services to the Corporation, including all matters related to municipal law and, in particular, relative to real estate, contracts, and planning and development law.
The Assistant City Solicitor will represent the City in court cases and other kinds of adversarial legal proceedings such as arbitrations, mediations, administrative law proceedings and prosecutions before the Provincial Offenses Court.
Education, Qualifications and Experience
- L. L. B. or J.D. degree from a recognized university and is a member in good standing of the Law Society of Ontario;
- Three to five years of directly related legal experience;
- Excellent communication, facilitation, conflict resolution and negotiation skills;
- Demonstrated ability to handle highly complex and sensitive issues effectively and efficiently; and
- Proficient in computer application software including TeraView.
This position offers an annual salary of $98,029-$124,027, along with a competitive benefits package complete with extended health and dental benefits, and enrollment in OMERS (Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System) pension plan.
Candidates are invited to submit a resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “2020-59 – Assistant City Solicitor” by October 4, 2020.