This position reports to the Manger, Customer Service and is responsible for issuing lottery, business and marriage licenses along with providing customer service for City-wide inquiries.
Education and Qualifications
- Two (2) year college diploma in Office Administration, plus six (6) to twelve (12) months of related work experience or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Administrative skills including prioritizing tasks, meeting deadlines and effective time management;
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office;
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing;
- Superior public relations and customer service skills.
This position is represented by CUPE Local 3690 and offers an annual salary of $40,749.80 -$62,699.00, Group E, based on a 35 hour work week (2020 rates), based on a 35-hour work week, along with a competitive benefits package complete with extended health and dental benefits, and enrollment in OMERS (Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System) pension plan.
Candidates are invited to submit a resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “2021-41 – Licensing Clerk” by July 25, 2021.
The health, safety and well-being of City of Sarnia employees is paramount, and in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, additional measures have been implemented throughout the corporation to protect our employees and ensure their continued health and safety.
The City of Sarnia is an inclusive and equitable Corporation that encourages applications from qualified individuals of all genders, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and Aboriginal persons. Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the hiring process as required by the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Information received relating to accommodation and diversity will be addressed confidentially.
Personal information is being collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Privacy Act and will be used for employment assessment purposes only.