Reporting to the Manager of Public Works, this position is responsible for providing administrative support for the Public Works department including handling public inquiries; purchase requisitions; processing invoices; and tracking and inputting of maintenance work within the water, sewer, roads, and fleet sections.
- College diploma in Business or Office Administration, plus three (3) to six (6) months of related work experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Related experience to include demonstrated competencies in:
- Intermediate level skills in Word processing
- Intermediate level skills in Spreadsheet software
- Running reports and tracking data in database /maintenance management software
- Processing departmental payroll
- Administrative/clerical skills
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Public relations & customer service skills
- Organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
This position is represented by CUPE Local 3690 and offers an annual salary of $42,060.20 – $64,719.20 , based on a 35 hour work week, along with a competitive benefits package complete with extended health and dental benefits, and enrollment in OMERS (Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System) pension plan.
Candidates are invited to submit a resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “2022-48 – Maintenance Clerk” by July 6, 2022. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The health, safety and well-being of City of Sarnia employees is paramount, and in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, additional me The health, safety and well-being of City of Sarnia employees is paramount, and in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, additional measures have been implemented throughout the corporation to protect our employees and ensure their continued health and safety. On September 13, 2021, the City of Sarnia implemented a Mandatory Vaccination Policy, which states that new employees to the City are required to be fully vaccinated on their first day of employment.
The City of Sarnia is an inclusive and equitable Corporation that encourages applications from qualified individuals of all genders, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and Aboriginal persons. Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the hiring process as required by the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Information received relating to accommodation and diversity will be addressed confidentially.
Personal information is being collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Privacy Act and will be used for employment assessment purposes only.