Under the direction of the City Treasurer, this position is responsible for performing duties primarily related to budget preparation and monitoring, capital and reserve planning including asset management, and general accounting functions.
Education and Qualifications
- Four (4) year university degree in Business or Commerce, plus a minimum of two (2) years of demonstrated related accounting and finance experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word, Power Point).
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) Designation considered an asset.
Experience and Knowledge
- Thorough understanding of municipal finance
- Strong knowledge & experience in accounting, budgeting and financial reporting
- Strong analytical skills
- Capability to exercise sound judgement
- Handle confidential and sensitive information with absolute discretion
- Demonstrated organization skills and attention to detail
- Advanced skills in spreadsheet, word processing and database software
- Solid understanding of financial reporting and accounting concepts
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
This position is represented by CUPE Local 3690 and offers an annual salary of $53,362.40-$82,100.20 (Group I), based on a 35-hour workweek, along with a competitive benefits package complete with extended health and dental benefits, and enrollment in OMERS (Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System) pension plan.
Candidates are invited to submit a resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “2022-52 – Accounting Analyst” by August 24, 2022. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The health, safety and well-being of City of Sarnia employees is paramount, and in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, additional me The health, safety and well-being of City of Sarnia employees is paramount, and in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, additional measures have been implemented throughout the corporation to protect our employees and ensure their continued health and safety. On September 13, 2021, the City of Sarnia implemented a Mandatory Vaccination Policy, which states that new employees to the City are required to be fully vaccinated on their first day of employment.
The City of Sarnia is an inclusive and equitable Corporation that encourages applications from qualified individuals of all genders, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and Aboriginal persons. Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the hiring process as required by the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Information received relating to accommodation and diversity will be addressed confidentially.
Personal information is being collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Privacy Act and will be used for employment assessment purposes only.