Under the direction of the Manager, Construction, this position is primarily focused on field construction inspection, preparation of project specifications, project design, and ensuring compliance with contract drawings. This position is also responsible for the administrative duties, preparation of progress draws and payment certificates, and documentation of construction progress.
- Three (3) year College diploma in Civil Engineering Technology, or related field;
- Two (2) to three (3) years of related work experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
- Practical knowledge of civil engineering, including design of drawings and functional experience in survey and construction layout;
- Skilled in the use of computer software including AutoCAD, GIS and MS Office applications;
- Demonstrated competence in dealing tactfully and diplomatically with the public and stakeholders particularly in highly stressful or sensitive situations while exercising sound judgement and discretion;
- Valid Driver’s license with an abstract acceptable to City guidelines.
This position is represented by CUPE Local 3690 and offers an annual salary of $54,290.60-$83,538.00 (Group I), based on a 35-hour workweek, along with a competitive benefits package complete with extended health and dental benefits, and enrollment in OMERS (Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System) pension plan.
Candidates are invited to submit a resume in confidence to email@example.com indicating “2022-82 – Engineering Technologist” by February 28, 2023. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The health, safety and well-being of City of Sarnia employees is paramount, and in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, additional measures have been implemented throughout the corporation to protect our employees and ensure their continued health and safety. On September 13, 2021, the City of Sarnia implemented a Mandatory Vaccination Policy, which states that new employees to the City are required to be fully vaccinated on their first day of employment.
The City of Sarnia is an inclusive and equitable Corporation that encourages applications from qualified individuals of all genders, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and Aboriginal persons. Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the hiring process as required by the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Information received relating to accommodation and diversity will be addressed confidentially.
Personal information is being collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Privacy Act and will be used for employment assessment purposes only.