Vacancy Number: 2023-57
Job Status: Temporary, Part-time, Split Shift (up to 15 hours/week), CUPE 3690
Posting Date: Until all positions have been filled
Hourly Rate: $18.54/hour
Are you looking for a part-time job that makes a difference in your community? If so, join our team! Enjoy a work-life balance, meet new people, and be a part of a team of Crossing Guards.
These positions will assist elementary school children in crossing roads safely at designated school crossing locations.
Shifts are approximately one hour at each of the morning and afternoon bell times, and some crossings also require lunch hour coverage during regularly scheduled school calendar days.
This is a fixed-term contract in accordance with the 2023-2024 elementary academic calendar.
- Recent Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC) valid within the last three (3) months is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with school-aged children and interact and cooperate with people of diverse ages and backgrounds.
- Wear mandatory safety equipment supplied by the Corporation of the City of Sarnia.
- Able to monitor traffic flow to locate safe gaps through which pedestrians can cross.
- Must be able to work in all forms of weather, including extremes of heat, humidity, cold, rain, snow, sleet and wind.
- Must have the ability to perform the physical aspects of this position including standing and walking for prolonged periods of time and carrying a hand-held stop sign.
Candidates are invited to submit a resume in confidence to email@example.com indicating “2023-57 – Crossing Guard”.
The City of Sarnia is an inclusive and equitable Corporation that encourages applications from qualified individuals of all genders, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and Indigenous persons. Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the hiring process as required by the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Information received relating to accommodation and diversity will be addressed confidentially.
Personal information is being collected under the authority of the Municipal Act and will be used to determine the qualifications for employment with The Corporation of the City of Sarnia. Questions about this collection should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.