Vacancy Number: 2023-74
Job Status: Permanent, Full-time
Posting Date: Open until filled
Union: CUPE Local 2713
Salary and Benefits: $29.76 + $1.00 premium; along with a competitive benefits package complete with extended health and dental benefits, and enrollment in OMERS (Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System) pension plan.
Under the direction and supervision of the Supervisor, the General Maintenance II is responsible for public relations, preventative maintenance and repairs, maintenance of refrigeration system in arenas, investigating and troubleshooting issues, recording and reporting on equipment and buildings, working as or backfilling for Pool Operator, arena ice flooding, and ice maintenance duties, as required.
Education and Experience
- Refrigeration B Ticket or Fourth Class Operating Engineer Certificate required (or higher);
- Combination of education, training, and experience in an arena setting;
- Lift Truck Certification, as required;
- Propane Certification, as required;
- Certified Pool Operator an asset;
- Valid Class “D” Driver’s License an asset.
Demonstrated Competencies in:
- Preventative maintenance and repairs, including of small engines;
- General maintenance and repair of buildings and facilities, including electrical and plumbing;
- Maintenance of arena refrigeration systems;
- Effective interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills;
- Initiative to complete tasks in a safe and efficient manner;
- Ability to work with limited supervision;
Candidates are invited to submit a resume in confidence to email@example.com indicating “2023-74 – General Maintenance II”.
We appreciate all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The City of Sarnia is an inclusive and equitable Corporation that encourages applications from qualified individuals of all genders, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and Indigenous persons. Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the hiring process as required by the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Information received relating to accommodation and diversity will be addressed confidentially.
Personal information is being collected under the authority of the Municipal Act and will be used to determine the qualifications for employment with The Corporation of the City of Sarnia. Questions about this collection should be directed to the City Clerk, 255 Christina St. N., Sarnia, ON N7T 7N2, 519-332-0330 ext. 3366.