Vacancy Number: 2023-14
Job Status: Permanent, Full-time
Posting Date: March 7, 2023, to March 31, 2023
Salary Range: $51,378.600 – $79,042.60, CUPE 3690, Group H
Under the direction of the Manager of Planning and Development Services, this position is responsible for reviewing applications for compliance and providing information to the public and development industry.
Working as part of a practical and progressive team that is customer oriented and community facing, the Planning Technician will collaborate on all types of development applications, support solutions to community planning challenges, and implementing change needed to accommodate emerging community trends.
Education and Experience
- Must have a college diploma in Urban Planning or related program;
- Must have a minimum of two – three years of related experience;
- Membership within the Canadian Association of Certified Planning Technicians (CACPT) an asset;
- Must have valid G license with abstract acceptable to City standards.
- Excellent interpersonal and facilitation skills to deal effectively with internal and external customers and stakeholders;
- Ability to effectively research and analyze relevant information in order to clearly interpret legislation and by-laws related to planning matters;
- Applying knowledge and planning expertise to provide appropriate advice and guidance on a variety of planning matters;
- Able to read and understand construction drawings;
- Demonstrated ability to express ideas effectively orally and in writing;
- Exposure and / or working knowledge of Cityworks or other workflow management applications;
- Strong computer skills in MS Office and Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
Candidates are invited to submit a resume in confidence to email@example.com indicating “2023-14” by March 31, 2023.
In the event there are no qualified applicants, candidates who do not meet the stated requirements may be considered.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants. Only candidates whose skills, experience and qualifications meet the requirements of the position will be contacted.
The health, safety and well-being of City of Sarnia employees is paramount, and in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, additional measures have been implemented throughout the corporation to protect our employees and ensure their continued health and safety. On September 13, 2021, the City of Sarnia implemented a Mandatory Vaccination Policy, which states that new employees to the City are required to be fully vaccinated on their first day of employment.
The City of Sarnia is an inclusive and equitable Corporation that encourages applications from qualified individuals of all genders, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and Aboriginal persons. Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the hiring process as required by the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Information received relating to accommodation and diversity will be addressed confidentially.
Personal information is being collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Privacy Act and will be used for employment assessment purposes only.