Sarnia Fire Rescue Services is accepting applications from individuals who represent the very best of their community for the position of Probationary Firefighter until 11:59 p.m. December 15, 2019.
Sarnia Fire Rescue Services serves the Sarnia community by the provision of fire protection services embracing a delivery model that integrates a shared team approach utilizing the Three Lines of Defense:
- Public Fire Safety Education
- Fire Safety Standards and Enforcement
- Emergency Response
Sarnia Fire Rescue Services consists of a team of dedicated professionals who strive to continuously improve their vibrant workforce, foster respectful interactions and strive for personal well-being.
Sarnia’s fire protection services are delivered with a focus and emphasis on public safety and firefighter safety.
Multiple skill sets are required in the delivery of emergency response services provided:
- Fire suppression (offensive and defensive)
- Search and rescue of persons trapped or injured
- Medical tiered response
- Hazardous materials response
- Response to industrial and petro-chemical industry
- High-rise firefighting
- Vehicle and machinery extrication
- Marine and shore-based water rescue
Please see the Firefighter Recruitment Information page for all qualification and application information.