The City of Sarnia Accessibility Awards recognizes local businesses and individuals that excel at promoting an inclusive environment and shopping experience for people with disabilities. This has been especially important as the community has positively reacted to COVID-19.
For the awards, the Sarnia Accessibility Advisory Committee (SAAC) are asking members of the community for nominations of businesses that go above and beyond for people with disabilities until September 11, 2020.
Criteria for Awards: Please note SAAC will use the following criteria to select award winners:
- Nominated businesses must be operational for a minimum of one year
- Businesses cannot self-nominate. All nominations must come from outside the organization
- All businesses must be located within the City of Sarnia
- Nominators must display how businesses have gone above and beyond to create an accessible and inclusive environment for people with disabilities
- Only individuals are eligible for Providing Outstanding Individual Customer Service in a Social Service Sector award. The award is not for businesses
- All nominations must be completed using paper nomination form or electronic nomination form
- There are no multiple winners for one award
Nominations are greatly appreciated. If you require assistance completing a nomination form or require another format please contact the Accessibility Coordinator at 519-332-0330 ext. 3307 or firstname.lastname@example.org.