The City of Sarnia has implemented some changes to Waste collection to help stop the spread of COVID-19.
• Regular curbside garbage collection will continue
• Please ensure all waste is securely bagged and tied.
• To assist in the protection of workers, avoid using garbage bins if your garbage is tightly stuffed in the container, as the bags may rip upon removal.
June Large Item Pickup will run as normal.
Household Hazardous Waste event scheduled for May 30, 2020 has been cancelled.
The limit for regular waste collection remains 3 bags weekly. If needed, bag tags for additional garbage bags, are available for purchase online at www.sarnia.ca and at retail outlets listed on the City’s website.
• If there is reason to suspect recycle items may be contaminated with COVID-19, please put these recycle items in the garbage – bagged and securely tied.
• Please ensure all non-recyclable material such as tissues, paper towels, napkins, Styrofoam, and plastic bags are put in the garbage.
• PLEASE DO NOT PUT FLUSHABLE WIPES IN THE TOILET. These wipes will not break down in the sewer system and will overload the system.
• Ensure all recycle material is free of liquids and food waste.
• Please prevent recycle from being blown out of the recycle container by:
-Placing heavier recycling items on top of the lighter items.
-Keep recycle items below the rim of the recycle container
-Use a lidded blue box
-Place your blue box at the curb the day of collection, not the night before
Click here to access Compost Site Information
Please refer to the 2020 Waste/Recycle/Compost Calendar for further curbside collection details.