Due to COVID-19, marriage licenses will be issued by appointment ONLY. To book your appointment to get your Marriage Licence at City Hall please call Customer Service at 519-332-0330 Ext 3131 or email email@example.com
Licences will be issued within 14 days of the proposed date of marriage.
Please be advised that staff responsible for the issuance of marriage licences cannot provide advice regarding the number of guests that are able to attend at your planned wedding. For information regarding social distancing guidelines please consult the Provincial Emergency Order.
Given the current circumstances and changes to administrative practices as a result of COVID-19, appointments may take up to one hour and the following requirements must be met in order for a licence to be issued.
- One or both of the applicants must attend in person in order to get a Marriage Licence.
- It is required that confirmation be provided that an officiant has already been booked, prior to making an appointment.
- Complete, print and sign the online Marriage Licence Application Form.
- Bring the completed Marriage Licence Application Form signed by both applicants, and the required documents with you to your appointment.
- If you do not attend your appointment with the required information/documents a marriage licence will not be issued to you.
Upon booking, you will be advised of the internal safety protocols that have been put in place.
For more information please visit the City of Sarnia Marriage Licence Page