Each year the City of Sarnia Accessibility Awards recognize local businesses and individuals that have excelled and have demonstrated leadership in going above and beyond in improving accessibility and awareness for people with disabilities.
The Sarnia Accessibility Advisory Committee is asking members of the community to send in nominations of businesses and individuals they feel have helped to create an accessible environment for the citizens of Sarnia.
The nominations are available in the following categories:
- Prelude to Excellence (for large and small businesses) – Creating inclusive businesses environments for both large (50+ employees) and small businesses
- Exceptional Leadership in Customer Service – Provides exemplary service for people with disabilities
- Creating Opportunities for an Accessible Community – Provides community leadership in inclusive programming for people with disabilities
- Exceptional Accessible Physical Environment – Shows forward thinking in developing inclusive design in the built environment
- Going Above and Beyond Award – A business/individual that shows forward thinking when servicing and assisting people with disabilities
- Outstanding Customer Service in a Social Service Sector – An individual who has gone above and beyond to provide customer service to people with disabilities in the social service sector
- Age-Friendly Award (new) – businesses, organizations and individuals that make Sarnia a better place to live for people of all ages
New this year is the Age-Friendly Award. The Age-Friendly Award recognizes a business, organization or individual in the City of Sarnia that has made social participation opportunities widely available and accessible to all members of the Sarnia community.
Nominations will be accepted until September 14, 2018. The awards will be given out on October 1, 2018 at Sarnia City Council.