The City of Sarnia Accessibility Awards recognizes local businesses and individuals that have excelled in promoting an inclusive environment and experience for people with disabilities or led the community to become more inclusive and accessible. For the awards, the Sarnia Accessibility Advisory Committee (SAAC) asked members of the community for nominations.
The following are the winners of the 2019 Accessibility Awards:
- RBC Lambton Mall Road – Prelude to Excellence (large business)
- Junior Baker – Prelude to Excellence (small business)
- The Judith and Norman Alix Art Gallery Staff for Artpod Program – Exceptional Leadership in Customer Service
- Holly Wenning, Amy Mayea, Jenn-Brown Nead for Expressive Arts Program – Creating Opportunity for an Accessible Community
- Patodia Eye Institute – Exceptional Accessible Physical Environment
- Detroit Metro Shuttle Inc. – Going Above and Beyond Award
- Sarah Nishimura-Nissen – Champion for Inclusive Employment Award
- Amber Harding – Emerging Leader in Accessibility and Inclusion
- Lynne Betteridge for Women in Touch – Age-Friendly Sarnia Award
The Accessibility Awards will be held on October 28, 2019 at the Sarnia City Council Meeting starting at 4:00 p.m.