Each year the City of Sarnia Accessibility Awards recognizes local businesses and individuals that have excelled and demonstrated leadership, going above and beyond in improving accessibility and awareness for people with disabilities. This has been especially important as the community has positively reacted to COVID-19.
The Sarnia Accessibility Advisory Committee (SAAC) are asking members of the community to send in nominations of businesses and individuals they feel have helped to create an accessible environment for the citizens of Sarnia and have gone above and beyond to assist people with disabilities during the pandemic.
The nominations have been broken-down into the following categories:
• Prelude to Excellence (for large and small businesses) – Creating inclusive businesses environments for both large (50 + employees) and small businesses
• Exceptional leadership in Customer Service – Provides exemplary service for people with disabilities
• Creating opportunities for an Accessible Community – Provides community leadership in inclusive programming for people with disabilities
• Exceptional Accessible Physical Environment – Shows forward thinking in developing inclusive design in the built environment
• Going Above and Beyond Award- A business/individual that shows forward thinking when servicing and assisting people with disabilities
- Outstanding Customer Service in a Social Service Sector – An individual who has gone above and beyond to provide customer service to people with disabilities in the social service sector
Nominations will be accepted until September 11, 2020.
Nominations can be made at the https://www.sarnia.ca/living-here/2019-sarnia-accessibility-awards/. In addition, for other nomination formats please contact the Accessibility Coordinator at 519-332-0330 ext. 3307 or at email@example.com.