Wyoming, ON – At its regular meeting on Wednesday, September 4, 2019, Lambton County Council:
- Welcomed alternate members of council T. Kingston (alternate member to Councillor S. Arnold, St. Clair Township) and B. Dennis (alternate member to Councillor M. Bradley, City of Sarnia).
- Received an update from Don McCabe, Director, Zone 6, Lambton and Middlesex Counties, Ontario Federation of Agriculture (OFA), with an emphasis on animal activism.
- Received an information report from the Corporate Services Division regarding recent alternate member appointments.
- Carried a motion to provide a loan guarantee in support of SWIFT to finance the three projects identified in its Southwestern Ontario Integrated Fibre Technology Pilot Project Contribution Agreement with the Federal and Provincial Governments.
- Unanimously carried a motion supporting a resolution as passed by the Township of Warwick with respect to enforcement for safety on family farms.
- Combined the responsibilities of the Strategic Planning Committee and the Strategic Team Re: Provincial Downloading into one committee referred to as the Strategic Plan/Provincial Downloading Committee and appointed members to the same.
- Council will next meet in Open Session at 9:30 a.m. on Wednesday, October 2, 2019.\