The Sarnia Primary Control Group (SPCG) met electronically with staff from Lambton Public Health (LPH), Bluewater Health, and Point Edward regarding developments related to COVID-19.
Lambton Public Health
Lambton Public Health’s local Call Centre is open to assist from Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at 519-383-8331. Full details for local vaccination registration is available at: www.GetTheVaccine.ca. Those currently eligible for vaccinations can register online: www.Ontario.ca/bookvaccine or call 1-888-999-6488.
Sarnia Police Update
As a result of the ongoing investigations, regarding the protests at Sarnia City Hall, 12 individuals have been identified and were charged under the Reopening Act of Ontario as of today. Each individual was issued an $880 ticket for their violation on April 24, 2021 and several also received a second ticket for their attendance on April 17, 2021.
The investigation continues with further charges pending the identification of other individuals that were in attendance. The Sarnia Police Service will continue their approach to these protests in a balanced manner in hope that individuals attempt to understand the need to protect everyone in our community. For more information: https://www.sarniapolice.com/charges-laid-as-a-result-of-recent-protests-at-city-hall
The Provincial Stay-at-Home Order is in effect until May 20, 2021 and the COVID-19 Response Framework: Keeping Ontario Safe and Open (colour-coded zones) remains paused.
Select pharmacies across the province are booking appointments for AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines for eligible people ages 40 or older in 2021. Pharmacy vaccination clinics are not affiliated to Lambton Public Health. You must have an appointment to get vaccinated at a participating pharmacy. Contact a participating pharmacy near you to book an appointment. Find the list of pharmacies offering the AstraZeneca vaccine to register for an appointment.
- City of Sarnia: https://www.sarnia.ca/covid-19/
- Lambton Public Health: https://lambtonpublichealth.ca/2019-novel-coronavirus/covid-19-vaccines/
- County of Lambton: https://www.lambtononline.ca/en/resident-services/covid-19.aspx
- Government of Ontario: www.ontario.ca/coronavirus
- Government of Canada: www.canada.ca/coronavirus
- World Health Organization: www.who.int
- Bluewater Health Hospital: https://www.bluewaterhealth.ca/covid-19-novel-coronavirus-information-frequently-asked-questions Businesses also have the right to create additional standards over and above this by-law,
- Sarnia Lambton Chamber of Commerce: https://slchamber.ca/covid-19/
- Sarnia-Lambton Economic Partnership (SLEP): https://www.sarnialambton.on.ca/home/covid-19-resources-for-business
- Province Business Support Line: Toll-free line 1-888-444-3659 to provide support to Ontario businesses who have questions about the province’s recent emergency order to close at-risk workplaces following recommendations by Ontario’s Chief Medical Officer of Health.
- The Government of Canada’s Coronavirus Hotline: 1-833-784-4397
- The Emergency Watch and Response Centre (EWRC) can be called 24/7 by Canadian citizens abroad in need of emergency assistance: 1-613-996-8885
- The Business Development Bank of Canada can answer questions for business owners: 1-877-232-2269
- Hotline to provide small businesses in need with financial planning advice amid COVID-19: 1-866-989-1080 (toll-free) seven days a week, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. (ET)Businesses also have the right to create additional standards over and above this by-law,
- Government of Canada, Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety: Pandemic (COVID-19) Health and Safety Resources https://www.ccohs.ca/products/publications/covid19-tool-kit/?&orig=/products/publications/covid19/
- Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA), https://ceba-cuec.ca/.
- Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS), https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/subsidy/emergency-wage-subsidy.html
.As of 11:30 a.m. on April 27 the SPCG can report that:
|Current Active Outbreaks||4|
|Incidence Rate per 100,000 – Week of April 11-April 17, 2021||59|
|Percent Positive – Week of April 11-April 17, 2021||1.9|
|Total immunizations given – As of April 21, 2021||40,103|
|% Eligible with > 1 Dose||34|
By-Law Enforcement COVID-19 Reporting System
|Total number of complaints and inquiries received||1,988|
|Total number of emails received||1,669|
|Total number of phone calls received||319|
|Total number of charges issued||12|