The Sarnia Primary Control Group (SPCG) met today regarding developments related to COVID-19.
Some modified local events, both virtual and physically distanced are taking place this week.
Christmas OFF the Farm takes place Friday December 4 and Saturday December 5. More information is available on the City’s website: https://www.sarnia.ca/things-to-do/festivals-and-special-events/christmas-off-the-farm/
The Sarnia Kinsmen are hosting the Reverse Santa Claus Parade on Saturday, December 5from 5 pm to 8 pm at Lambton College. This will be a Drive-Thru event and no walking spectators will be permitted. Vehicles can enter and exit from either Wellington Street or London Road at Lambton College, at a speed of 10km or less to view the stationary floats. The parade theme is “Remember Our Food Banks this Christmas and Stay Safe”. Donations of non-perishable food and personal hygiene products to support local food banks will be collected.
The Celebration of Lights Virtual Tour takes place on Tuesday, December 8 at 6:30 pm. This can be viewed on their Facebook Page.
Lambton Public Health has moved into the Yellow Public Health Measures Level – Protect category of the Keeping Ontario Safe and Open Framework. More information is available online: https://www.ontario.ca/page/covid-19-response-framework-keeping-ontario-safe-and-open
For more information on COVID-19, visit:
- City of Sarnia website: https://www.sarnia.ca/covid-19/
- Lambton Public Health website: https://lambtonpublichealth.ca
- Local COVID-19 Testing Assessment Centres: https://lambtonpublichealth.ca/2019-novel-coronavirus/testing-criteria/
- COVID-19 Case Map
- Public Health Ontario website: https://www.publichealthontario.ca/
- Province of Ontario website: www.ontario.ca/coronavirus
- Government of Canada website: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19.html
As of 2:30 p.m. on December 2 the SPCG can report that:
|Number of Related Deaths||25|
|Current Active Outbreaks||0|
|Incidence Rate per 100,000 – Week of November 22-28, 2020||4.6|
By-Law Enforcement COVID-19 Reporting System
|Total number of complaints and inquiries received||1,384|
|Total number of emails received||1,145|
|Total number of phone calls received||239|
|Total number of fines issued||5|