The Sarnia Primary Control Group (SPCG) met electronically with staff from Lambton Public Health (LPH), Lambton County, Bluewater Health, and Point Edward regarding developments related to COVID-19.
The group received an update from Lambton County’s Medical Officer of Health, Dr. Ranade, regarding the COVID-19 situation in Sarnia-Lambton and discussed the immunization for vaccines locally, as the first 500 doses of Moderna’s COVID-19 vaccine arrived January 25, 2021.
Today Lambton Public Health officially began the COVID-19 immunization program.
Lambton Public Health is hosting a local Radio Community Call-in Session on Thursday Jan 28 at 8:30am. Visit getthevaccine.ca for more information. This dedicated section of the Lambton Public Health website will feature frequent updates on the immunization roll-out plan, Frequently Asked Questions, videos and more.
The Ontario government has opened applications for the new Ontario Small Business Support Grant. The grant, first announced in December, provides a minimum of $10,000 to a maximum of $20,000 to eligible small businesses who have had to restrict their operations due to the Provincewide Shutdown.
Local businesses who have questions surrounding the impact of Provincial regulations are encourages to visit the COVID-19 workplace section of the LPH website to access resources and a web form to submit questions, or call the “Stop the Spread” business information line at 1-888-444-3659.
On January 25, 2021 Ontario extended the declared provincial emergency and all orders currently in force under the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act (EMPCA) until February 9, 2021, unless extended further. This includes the stay-at-home order which requires everyone to remain at home with exceptions for essential purposes. Learn more about what this means for you.
The list of orders under the Reopening Ontario Act (ROA) and the EMCPA can be found online on the Government of Ontario’s website. Throughout the period of the declared emergency, orders under the ROA continue to be in force.
Individuals are required to wear a mask or face covering in the indoor areas of businesses or organizations that are open. Additionally, a mask is now recommended outdoors when physical distancing of two metres is not possible.
For more information on COVID-19, visit:
- City of Sarnia website: https://www.sarnia.ca/covid-19/
- Facility closures and a list of financial supports and resources are listed on the Lambton County website: https://www.lambtononline.ca/en/resident-services/covid-19.aspx
- Lambton Public Health website, including local COVID-19 Testing Assessment Centres: https://lambtonpublichealth.ca and COVID-19 Case Map
- Public Health Ontario website: https://www.publichealthontario.ca/
- Province of Ontario website: www.ontario.ca/coronavirus
- Visit Ontario’s COVID-19 vaccine web page to view the latest provincial data and information on COVID-19 vaccines.
- Government of Canada website: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19.html
As of 11:30 a.m. on January 26 the SPCG can report that:
|Current Active Outbreaks||8|
|Incidence Rate per 100,000 – Week of January 10-16, 2021||289|
|Percent Positive – Week of January 10-16, 2021||4.5|
By-Law Enforcement COVID-19 Reporting System
|Total number of complaints and inquiries received||1,627|
|Total number of emails received||1,373|
|Total number of phone calls received||254|
|Total number of fines issued||5|
For further information, please contact:
City of Sarnia, Customer Service
firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-332-0330 Ext. 3131