The Sarnia Primary Control Group (SPCG) met via teleconference on July 3, 2020, at 9:30 a.m. regarding developments related to the COVID-19.
There is a heat warning in affect for the City of Sarnia. Due to COVID-19, cooling centers are limited. Lambton Public Health is urging that if you or someone you know requires assistance due to the heat, please contact Lambton Public Health at 519-383-8331 or 1-800-667-1839 to determine possible access points. For further details visit: https://lambtonpublichealth.ca/heat-warning-issued-for-lambton-county-7/
The City of Sarnia has taken a disciplined, responsible and measured approach at implementing precautionary measures to protect citizens and staff from COVID-19. This approach is guiding decision-making in regards to reopening facilities in the weeks and months ahead. A risk assessment tool developed by the City helps determine what amenities should reopen and when. The risk model uses Sarnia-Lambton specific data, reflecting guidance from Lambton Public Health and the ongoing Provincial Emergency Orders.
The City of Sarnia reminds citizens to make safety the priority when using park facilities. It is important that everyone stays vigilant and follows protocols designed to help protect the health of the entire community while enjoying these amenities.
Keep in mind when visiting a public park in Sarnia:
- Continue to practice physical distancing by keeping a safe distance of at least two metres (approximately six feet) away from others.
- Consider using a face covering (non-medical mask such as a cloth mask or bandana) to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19 in areas where physical distancing may be challenging or not possible.
- Avoid gatherings of more than 10 people (per provincial guidelines). Congregating in parks and other public spaces while physical distancing measures are in effect is not permitted.
- Do not litter and place personal protective equipment, such as gloves or masks, into the garbage bin when done with them.
- Wash or sanitize your hands before and after visiting, avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Always sneeze and cough into your sleeve or a tissue to prevent further transmission of germs.
- Do not visit a park if you are not feeling well. Those who feel unwell, and believe they have symptoms related to COVID-19, should contact Lambton Public Health 519-383-8331.
- Keep up with good hand hygiene, including washing your hands often with soap and water or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
Throughout the pandemic, stay up to date with the City’s latest response efforts by frequently checking https://www.sarnia.ca/covid-19/. Please visit the City’s website www.sarnia.ca, Facebook, and/or Twitter for additional updates.
As of 9:30 a.m. on July 3 the SPCG can report that:
|Test Results Received (as per last available daily update)||12,625|
|Percent of Test Results Positive||2.3%|
|Number of Related Deaths||25|
|Current Active Outbreaks||0|
By-Law Enforcement COVID-19 Reporting System
|Total number of complaints and inquiries received||1,173|
|Total number of emails received||963|
|Total number of phone calls received||210|
|Total number of fines issued||5|
Lambton Public Health
- If you are in distress do not go to an Assessment Centre. Call 9-1-1 or go to the nearest Emergency Department.
- If you think you may have COVID-19 symptoms or have been in close contact with someone who has symptoms, please self-isolate and use the Ontario Self-Assessment Tool to determine if you need to seek further care.
- Local COVID-19 testing information is available online: https://lambtonpublichealth.ca/2019-novel-coronavirus/testing-criteria/
- To view detailed reports of COVID-19 cases in Lambton County visit: https://lambtonpublichealth.ca/2019-novel-coronavirus/summary-of-covid-19-cases-in-lambton-county/
The Government of Ontario has extended all emergency orders currently in place under s.7.0.2 (4) of the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act until July 10, 2020.
For further information, please contact:
City of Sarnia COVID-19 Hotline
email@example.com or 1-877-4-SARNIA (1-877-472-7642) or 519-332-0932
City of Sarnia, Customer Service
firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-332-0330 ext.3131