The Sarnia Primary Control Group (SPCG) met electronically with staff from Lambton Public Health (LPH), Bluewater Health, and Point Edward regarding developments related to COVID-19.
Lambton Public Health
First dose of COVID-19 vaccination is open to all eligible individuals 12 years of age and older. Visit vaccine registration for details.
LPH has announced the second dose vaccine strategy. Please do not call the Vaccine Call Centre unless you are 80 years ofage and older, or you received your first vaccine on or before March 16, 2021. For the latest updates on Lambton County’s COVID-19 Immunization Rollout visit GetTheVaccine.ca.
Ontario has reached a key milestone in its fight against COVID-19, having achieved its target to administer first doses to 65 per cent of Ontarians aged 18 and over ahead of schedule. Ontario has begun second dose appointments for individuals aged 80 and over. If there is sufficient vaccine supply, it is anticipated that the majority of Ontario residents who choose to receive the vaccine will be able to be fully vaccinated by the end of summer.
This significant progress has enabled the government to allow the provincial declaration of emergency and Stay-at-Home Order (O. Reg. 265/21) to expire on June 2. The province’s emergency brake will remain in effect, with public health measures and restrictions still in place, until the province is ready to enter Step One of Ontario’s Roadmap to Reopen. Step One may begin as early as two weeks after 60 per cent of Ontario’s adults receive at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine and if key indicators, such as risk of COVID-19 variants, hospitalizations, ICU occupancy and new hospital admissions and case rates continue to decline. Based on current trends in key health indicators, the province expects to enter Step One of the Roadmap the week of June 14, 2021. The province will confirm timelines closer to the expected start of Step One.
- City of Sarnia: https://www.sarnia.ca/covid-19/
- Lambton Public Health: https://lambtonpublichealth.ca/2019-novel-coronavirus/covid-19-vaccines/
- County of Lambton: https://www.lambtononline.ca/en/resident-services/covid-19.aspx
- Government of Ontario: www.ontario.ca/coronavirus
- Government of Canada: www.canada.ca/coronavirus
- Bluewater Health Hospital: https://www.bluewaterhealth.ca/covid-19-novel-coronavirus-information-frequently-asked-questions
- Sarnia Lambton Chamber of Commerce: https://slchamber.ca/covid-19/
- Sarnia-Lambton Economic Partnership (SLEP): https://www.sarnialambton.on.ca/home/covid-19-resources-for-business
- Province Business Support Line: Toll-free line 1-888-444-3659 to provide support to Ontario businesses who have questions about the province’s recent emergency order to close at-risk workplaces following recommendations by Ontario’s Chief Medical Officer of Health.
- The Government of Canada’s Coronavirus Hotline: 1-833-784-4397
- The Emergency Watch and Response Centre (EWRC) can be called 24/7 by Canadian citizens abroad in need of emergency assistance: 1-613-996-8885
- The Business Development Bank of Canada can answer questions for business owners: 1-877-232-2269
- Hotline to provide small businesses in need with financial planning advice amid COVID-19: 1-866-989-1080 (toll-free) seven days a week, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. (ET)Businesses also have the right to create additional standards over and above this by-law,
- Government of Canada, Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety: Pandemic (COVID-19) Health and Safety Resources https://www.ccohs.ca/products/publications/covid19-tool-kit/?&orig=/products/publications/covid19/
- Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA), https://ceba-cuec.ca/.
- Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS), https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/subsidy/emergency-wage-subsidy.html
As of 11:30 a.m. on June 1 the SPCG can report that:
|Current Active Outbreaks||0|
|Incidence Rate per 100,000 – Week of May 16 – May 22, 2021||40|
|Percent Positive – Week of May 16 – May 22, 2021||1.8|
|Immunizations – as of May 26, 2021|
|Total immunizations given||68,755|
|% Adults with > 1 dose||58.7|
|% Adults fully vaccinated||5.0|
|% Youth with > 1 dose||1.5|
|% Youth fully vaccinated||0.1|
By-Law Enforcement COVID-19 Reporting System
|Total number of complaints and inquiries received||2,086|
|Total number of emails received||1,744|
|Total number of phone calls received||342|
|Total number of charges issued||13|
– 30 –
For further information, please contact:
City of Sarnia, Customer Service
email@example.com or 519-332-0330 Ext. 3131