The Sarnia Primary Control Group (SPCG) met electronically with staff from Lambton Public Health (LPH), Bluewater Health, and Point Edward regarding developments related to COVID-19.
Lambton Public Health
LPH has opened COVID-19 vaccine second dose registration to individuals 65 years of age and older or those who received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine on or before May 5.
In addition, residents who received a first dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine within the same time frame and criteria (on or before May 5 or anyone 65 years of age and older) may also book a second dose appointment for another approved COVID-19 mRNA vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna depending on availability).
If eligible, individuals are asked to book their second dose appointments using LPH’s Registration page or GetTheVaccine.ca. Please be patient clinics are booking up quickly. If clinics are fully booked, check back often. Additional clinics will be opened as vaccine supply is confirmed.
Second doses are being scheduled according to the age-based and priority sequencing of first doses. As such, LPH is re-scheduling ALL original second dose appointments in an effort to reduce the interval time between the first and second doses for as many individuals as possible. Everyone is required to re-book their second vaccine appointments when eligible.
As of June 11th, Ontario transitioned into Step One of the provincial three-step plan to reopen the province safely and cautiously.
Ontario is expected to remain at this step for 21 days.
The Ontario government, in consultation with the Chief Medical Officer of Health and other health experts, including the Ontario Science Advisory Table, is further accelerating the second dose interval for individuals who received their first dose of an AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine to eight weeks, with informed consent, from 12 weeks.
- City of Sarnia: https://www.sarnia.ca/covid-19/
- Lambton Public Health: https://lambtonpublichealth.ca/2019-novel-coronavirus/covid-19-vaccines/
- County of Lambton: https://www.lambtononline.ca/en/resident-services/covid-19.aspx
- Government of Ontario: www.ontario.ca/coronavirus
- Government of Canada: www.canada.ca/coronavirus
- Bluewater Health: https://www.bluewaterhealth.ca/covid-19-novel-coronavirus-information-frequently-asked-questions
- Sarnia-Lambton Chamber of Commerce: https://slchamber.ca/covid-19/
- Province Business Support Line: Toll-free line 1-888-444-3659
- The Government of Canada’s Coronavirus Hotline: 1-833-784-4397
- The Business Development Bank of Canada – for business owners: 1-877-232-2269
- Hotline for small businesses: 1-866-989-1080 (toll-free) seven days a week, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
As of 11:30 a.m. on June 15 the SPCG can report that:
|Current Active Outbreaks||1|
|Incidence Rate per 100,000 – Week of May 30 – June 5, 2021||27.5|
|Percent Positive – Week of May 30 – June 5, 2021||1.4|
|Immunizations – as of June 9, 2021|
|Total immunizations given||87,748|
|% Adults with ≥ 1 dose||67.7|
|% Adults fully vaccinated||11.6|
|% Youth with ≥ 1 dose||11.1|
|% Youth fully vaccinated||0.2|
By-Law Enforcement COVID-19 Reporting System
|Total number of complaints and inquiries received||2,117|
|Total number of emails received||1,770|
|Total number of phone calls received||347|
|Total number of charges issued||13|
– 30 –
For further information, please contact:
City of Sarnia, Customer Service
email@example.com or 519-332-0330 Ext. 3131