The Sarnia Primary Control Group (SPCG) met via teleconference on June 23, 2020, at 9:30 a.m. regarding developments related to the COVID-19.
Lambton County Medical Officer of Health, Dr. Ranade, confirmed that physical distancing is more important than wearing a mask to battle COVID-19. However, if you find yourself in a situation where physical distancing is not possible, a mask may be considered useful.
We would like to remind everyone to continue practicing individual public health safety measures as many businesses, services and public spaces reopen. This includes:
• Stay home when you are sick
• Use good hand hygiene
• Cover your cough or sneeze
• Practice physical distancing by remaining at least 2 metres (6 feet) apart
• Consider wearing a face covering or a mask when physical distancing is a challenge
• Follow all safety measures in place at businesses, services and public spaces
Sarnia-Lambton is currently in Stage 2, working towards Stage 3 of the Framework for Reopening our Province.
Throughout the pandemic, stay up to date with the City’s latest response efforts by frequently checking https://www.sarnia.ca/covid-19/. Please visit the City’s website www.sarnia.ca, Facebook, and/or Twitter for additional updates.
As of 9:30 a.m. on June 23 the SPCG can report that:
|Test Results Received (as per last available daily update)||10,945|
|Percent of Test Results Positive||2.6%|
|Number of Related Deaths||25|
|Current Active Outbreaks||2|
By-Law Enforcement COVID-19 Reporting System
|Total number of complaints and inquiries received||1,148|
|Total number of emails received||950|
|Total number of phone calls received||198|
|Total number of fines issued||5|
Lambton Public Health
- If you are in distress do not go to an Assessment Centre. Call 9-1-1 or go to the nearest Emergency Department.
- If you think you may have COVID-19 symptoms or have been in close contact with someone who has symptoms, please self-isolate and use the Ontario Self-Assessment Tool to determine if you need to seek further care.
- Local COVID-19 testing information is available online: https://lambtonpublichealth.ca/2019-novel-coronavirus/testing-criteria/
- To view detailed reports of COVID-19 cases in Lambton County visit: https://lambtonpublichealth.ca/2019-novel-coronavirus/summary-of-covid-19-cases-in-lambton-county/