The Sarnia Primary Control Group (SPCG) met electronically with staff from Lambton Public Health (LPH), Bluewater Health, Lambton County, and Point Edward regarding developments related to COVID-19.
The group received an update from Dr. Ranade, Lambton County’s Medical Officer of Health, regarding the COVID-19 situation in Sarnia-Lambton.
Although online pre-registration is now closed for individuals 90+ years of age and their essential caregivers, those unable to get access to the vaccination appointment pre-registration, can still call Lambton Public Health at 519-383-8331 Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30pm to book an appointment.
As more COVID-19 vaccine is allocated to Sarnia-Lambton it will allow for expansion to the next identified priority groups. Details will be released by LPH to support notification and access through registration.
LPH is reminding the community that appointments are required for testing and assessment to limit group sizes and keep everyone safe.
Sarnia-Lambton remains in the Red-Control Zone of the Province’s COVID-19 Response Framework. Full details can be found listed under the O. Reg. 263/20: Red-Control.
For more information on COVID-19, visit:
- City of Sarnia website: https://www.sarnia.ca/covid-19/
- County of Lambton County website: https://www.lambtononline.ca/en/resident-services/covid-19.aspx
- Lambton Public Health website, including local COVID-19 Testing Assessment Centres: https://lambtonpublichealth.ca and COVID-19 Case Map
- Public Health Ontario website: https://www.publichealthontario.ca/
- Province of Ontario website: www.ontario.ca/coronavirus
- Visit Ontario’s COVID-19 vaccine web page to view the latest provincial data and information on COVID-19 vaccines.
- Government of Canada website: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19.html
As of 11:30 a.m. on March 9 the SPCG can report that:
|Current Active Outbreaks||6|
|Incidence Rate per 100,000 – Week of February 21-February 27, 2021||58|
|Percent Positive – Week of February 14-February 20, 2021||1.7|
|Total immunizations given – March 3, 2021||4,326|
|First Dose – March 3, 2021||3,931|
|Second Dose – March 3, 2021||395|
By-Law Enforcement COVID-19 Reporting System
|Total number of complaints and inquiries received||1,730|
|Total number of emails received||1,459|
|Total number of phone calls received||271|
|Total number of charges issued||9|