The Sarnia Primary Control Group (SPCG) met today regarding developments related to COVID-19.
Lambton Public Health (LPH) has now confirmed that a positive case has been discovered at Colonel Cameron Public School in Corunna. It has not been indicated if the infected individual is a student or staff member. LPH is in the process of contact tracing.
Bluewater Health, as of today, is reporting one patient currently in hospital with confirmed COVID-19.
The case load in the Sarnia-Lambton area remains low, but COVID-19 is active within the community. Citizens are reminded to remain vigilant and abide by all health measures and restrictions in order to protect the community and reduce the risk of local transmission.
The Ontario government took additional targeted public health measures in the Ottawa, Peel and Toronto public health unit regions. These modified Stage 2 restrictions will be in effect for a minimum of 28 days and reviewed on an ongoing basis.
In addition to the measures implemented in the Ottawa, Peel, and Toronto public health unit regions, the Chief Medical Officer of Health is also urging all Ontarians to:
- Limit trips outside of home, except for essential purposes only such as work where it is not possible to work from home, school, grocery shopping, medical appointments, and outdoor healthy physical activity. In addition, travel to other regions in the province, especially from higher transmission to lower transmission areas, should only be for essential purposes;
- Practice physical distancing of at least two metres with those outside your household;
- Wear a face covering when physical distancing is a challenge or where it is mandatory to do so; and
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly; and following gathering limits and rules.
For more information on COVID-19, visit:
- City of Sarnia website: https://www.sarnia.ca/covid-19/
- Lambton Public Health website: https://lambtonpublichealth.ca
- Local COVID-19 Testing Assessment Centres: https://lambtonpublichealth.ca/2019-novel-coronavirus/testing-criteria/.
- Public Health Ontario website: https://www.publichealthontario.ca/
- Province of Ontario website: https://covid-19.ontario.ca
- Reopening Ontario (A Flexible Response to COVID-19) Act, 2020, Ontario Reg. 364/20: https://www.ontario.ca/laws/regulation/200364
- Government of Canada website: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19.html
.As of 11:00 a.m. on October 13 the SPCG can report that:
|Number of Related Deaths||25|
|Current Active Outbreaks||0|
By-Law Enforcement COVID-19 Reporting System
|Total number of complaints and inquiries received||1,341|
|Total number of emails received||1,109|
|Total number of phone calls received||232|
|Total number of fines issued||5|