The Sarnia Primary Control Group (SPCG) met today regarding developments related to COVID-19.
Citizens are urged to remain
vigilant and continue taking precautions when visiting public spaces in order to protect everyone in the community from the
transmission of COVID-19.
As of September 28, 2020 Lambton Public Health will no longer provide daily updates on reporting Test Results Received or the Percentage of Test Results Positive. COVID-19 case details (positive cases, deaths, outbreaks, and demographics) will continue to be reported daily by Lambton Public Health.
We remind the community that the Emergency Room at Bluewater Health is not an assessment centre for COVID-19 testing.
The Ministry of Health updated its guidelines and criteria regarding who is eligible for COVID-19 testing.
For information on local COVID-19 Testing Assessment Centres for those who meet testing criteria, including School Testing Centres, and local pharmacies testing eligible people without symptoms please visit: https://lambtonpublichealth.ca/2019-novel-coronavirus/testing-criteria/.
A provincial website containing data on COVID-19 in schools and licenced childcare centres, including a summary of cases, as well as detailed information on locations is available here: https://www.ontario.ca/page/covid-19-cases-schools-and-child-care-centres
A Data Tool from Public Health Ontario provides an interactive map highlighting numbers of COVID-19 cases and other statistics, broken down on the map by Health Unit. https://www.publichealthontario.ca/en/data-and-analysis/infectious-disease/covid-19-data-surveillance/covid-19-data-tool
The Ontario government has
amended order O. Reg 364/20: Rules for Areas in Stage 3
under the Reopening Ontario (A Flexible Response to COVID-19) Act, 2020,
to tighten public health
measures in response to the recent rise in cases of
COVID-19 throughout the Province.
Ontario has experienced an increase in the rate of new COVID-19 cases and these Stage 3 changes have been made to reduce the community transmission and outbreaks being observed.
This amended order is in effect province-wide and includes the following:
- Additional measures and restrictions to restaurants, bars, and other food and drink establishments (including nightclubs) by prohibiting the sale of alcohol after 11 p.m., and prohibiting the consumption of alcohol on the premises after 12:00 a.m. until 9:00 a.m. (including employees), and requiring establishments to close by 12:00 a.m., and remain closed until 5:00 a.m. except for takeout or delivery;
- Businesses or organizations must comply with any advice, recommendations, and instructions issued by the Office of the Chief Medical Officer of Health on screening for COVID-19, including screening individuals who wish to enter their premises.
The limit on the number of people allowed to attend an unmonitored and private social gathering across the province is:
- 10 people at an indoor event or gathering (previous limit of 50); or
- 25 people at an outdoor event or gathering (previous limit of 100).
Indoor and outdoor events and gatherings cannot be merged together. Gatherings of 35 (25 outdoors and 10 indoors) are not permitted.
For further information regarding this change, please visit: https://news.ontario.ca/en/release/58449/ontario-limits-the-size-of-unmonitored-and-private-social-gatherings-across-entire-province.
For more information on COVID-19, visit:
- City of Sarnia website: https://www.sarnia.ca/covid-19/
- Lambton Public Health website: https://lambtonpublichealth.ca
- Public Health Ontario website: https://www.publichealthontario.ca/
- Province of Ontario website: https://covid-19.ontario.ca
- Government of Canada website: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19.html
As of 11:00 a.m. on September 29th the SPCG can report that:
|Test Results Received (as per last available update)||27,811|
|Percent of Test Results Positive||1.2%|
|Number of Related Deaths||25|
|Current Active Outbreaks||0|
By-Law Enforcement COVID-19 Reporting System
|Total number of complaints and inquiries received||1,324|
|Total number of emails received||1,096|
|Total number of phone calls received||228|
|Total number of fines issued||5|