Last year, due to Provincial COVID-19 pandemic measures, Sarnia Transit suspended transfers for the health and safety of its Operators and the citizens of Sarnia. Suspending transfers was a difficult decision; however, Transit temporarily reduced the cash fare to help with this service change.
Sarnia Transit is pleased to announce the return of transfers, starting June 1st. Thanks to the installation of new automatic transfer printers, allowing the Operator to print and the rider to retrieve the transfer while following public health measures, Transit can again provide the option of unlimited travel for 90 minutes. Due to the reintroduction of transfers, single-ride cash fares will return to the rate of $3.00. For a complete list of prices, including all available Transit passes visit, sarnia.ca/transit-fares.
Additionally, the Brown Reduced Rate Tickets will no longer be available for purchase after June 1st. If a citizen has purchased brown tickets before June 1st, Sarnia Transit will honour them until December 31st, 2021.
Sarnia Transit, Acting Manager, Michelle Carter says, “We are happy to have transfers back in place. Transit is an essential service for so many citizen’s daily routines, the return of transfers will be a great benefit to all our riders.”
Transfers are valid for 90 minutes and provide unlimited travel in any direction, including return trips, subject to the following:
- Transfers must be requested and obtained at the time of first boarding
- Transfers will, upon request only, be issued by the Operator receiving cash or ticket fare only
- Transfers are not required for riders boarding with a monthly, weekly, daily, or semester pass or with a previously issued transfer
- Transfers are validated by scanning the barcode and expire after 90 minutes
- Transfers can be used to board any bus (excluding Care-a-van) at any terminal or regular bus stop
- Transfers are non-transferable, can only be used by the rider it was issued to
For more information about Sarnia Transit, map and schedules, and instructions to download the Transit App, visit www.sarnia.ca/living-here/getting-around/sarnia-transit
– 30 –
For further information,
Michelle Carter, Acting Manager of Sarnia Transit
email@example.com 519 332 0527 Ext. 5308