The City of Sarnia has launched a new smart card system.
The system includes reloadable contactless cards that allows any transit fare to be loaded including cash, tickets, monthly passes and semester passes. The new smart card will include built-in transfers for any fare loaded and monthly passes purchased on new smart cards are valid for 30 days from initial tap activation.
The new contactless smart card fare media improves the overall passenger experience. It allows passengers to purchase/reload contactless smart cards in person at designated point-of-sale locations or online. Transit riders can set up a new account and register a card through sarnia.usetransit.com
Benefits of Registering:
- Registration protects against loss or theft.
- Block a card and transfer unused balances or passes to a replacement card
- Reload online from the convenience of your home
- Set up auto-renewal or auto-reloading
- Check a card balance at any time
- Order a new card online and have it mailed
- Manage multiple cards through a single account
- View transaction history and print receipts for income tax purposes
Additional Sarnia Transit smart card information, as well as details on how to register and sign up are available online: https://www.sarnia.ca/living-here/getting-around/sarnia-transit/
– 30 –
For further information, please contact:
Michelle Carter, Manager, Transit
email@example.com or 519-336-3271