Agenda details will be available : June 1st, 2020 Agenda Meeting Information
Special Note for the Rescheduled Meetings for Official Plan Amendment No. 20 & Zoning By-law Amendment No. 13-2019-85 of 2002
If you have previously submitted written comments on Applications 1 & 2 below for the previously scheduled March 23, 2020, Council Meeting, these comments are kept on file and will be provided to Council with all other comments and reports as part of the Agenda Package for the above-noted virtual meeting. It is therefore not necessary for you to re-submit your correspondence.
Official Plan Amendment No. 20 & Rezoning Application No. 13-2019-85 of 2002 Applications were submitted by Elison Developments Inc. respecting a parcel of land locate at the south-east corner of 1249 London Road, fronting onto Afton Drive.
The above-noted applications were submitted to the City to permit an 11-storey residential apartment tower, with 133 residential units in addition to a 92.9 sq.m (1,000 sq.ft.) ground floor commercial space.
More specifically, the applicant is proposing to:
- Amend the City’s Official Plan as it applies to the site, to change the designation from “Commercial Centre” to “Mixed Use”; and
- Amend the City’s Zoning By-law No. 85 of 2002 to change the zoning of the lands from a “Commercial Centre 1 (CC1-4)” Site Zone to a new site-specific “Commercial Centre 1-24 (CC1-24)” Zone.
The Applicant also plans to sever the parcel from the rest of the commercial centre holdings for it to be a separate lot. Afton Drive will be the frontage and main access to the proposed severed parcel.
Additional information about the proposal can be reviewed online at https://www.sarnia.ca/current-land-use-applications/.
Rezoning Application No. 5-2020-85 of 2002 was submitted by Sarnia & District Humane Society for the rezoning of the land they presently occupy on the south side of 131 Exmouth Street.
This application is to amend the site specific “Waterfront 1-1 (W1-1) Zone” in the City’s Zoning By-law No. 85 of 2002, to allow the expansion of uses by the Humane Society to include indoor/outdoor dog kennels, grooming salon and veterinary clinic.
The proposed development would require minor additions to the building and alterations to the site, to be done through the Site Plan Development Agreement process. Approval by City Council is also required to amend the Lease Agreement to allow the proposed uses.
A preliminary site plan was submitted with this application. It can be viewed at https://www.sarnia.ca/current-land-use-applications/.
Additional information about these applications is available at https://www.sarnia.ca/current-land-use-applications/ or by contacting staff of the Community Development Services and Standards Department. 3rd, Floor, City Hall, anytime during business hours from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., 519 332-0330 ext.3293 or by email to email@example.com.
Copies of the Planning Report with all comments received, the proposed official plan and zoning by-law amendments and Council Agendas are posted on the City’s website at www.sarnia.ca. If you do not have to access to a computer, but still would like copies of this material, please call the Clerk’s Department at 519-332-0330 ext.3320 to speak with a staff member before 4:00 p.m. on Friday, May 29, 2020 to arrange to pick-up a copy.
The following provides information from the Planning Act with respect to Official Plan Amendments and Zoning By-law Amendments.
- If you wish to be notified of the adoption of the proposed official plan amendment, or of the refusal of a request to amend the Official Plan, you must make a written request to the City of Sarnia, P. O. Box 3018, 255 Christina St. North, Sarnia, Ontario. N7T 7N2
- If a person or public body does not make oral submissions at a public meeting or make written submissions to the City of Sarnia before the proposed official plan amendment is adopted, the person or public body:
- is not entitled to appeal the decision of the County of Lambton (the approval body for Official Plan Amendments) to the Local Planning Appeals Tribunal; and
- may not be added as a party to the hearing of an appeal before the Local Planning Appeals Tribunal unless, in the opinion of the Tribunal, there are reasonable grounds to add the person or public body as a party.
If you wish to be notified of the decision of the Council of The Corporation of the City of Sarnia on a proposed zoning by-law amendment, you must make a written request to the City Clerk.
- If a person or public body would otherwise have an ability to appeal the decision of the Council of The Corporation of the City of Sarnia to the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal but the person or public body does not make oral submissions at a public meeting or make written submissions to the Council of The Corporation of the City of Sarnia before the by-law is passed, the person or public body is not entitled to appeal the decision.
- If a person or public body does not make oral submissions at a public meeting or make written submissions to the Council of The Corporation of the City of Sarnia before the by-law is passed, the person or public body may not be added as a party to the hearing of an appeal before the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal unless, in the opinion of the Tribunal, there are reasonable grounds to do so.