Are you committed, reliable and willing to work hard (while having fun!)? Are you looking for valuable employment this summer?
The City of Sarnia is enthusiastically seeking summer students who share a passion for Sarnia – The Place You Want To Be!
Recruitment is now open and we are accepting applications until 11:59 p.m. on Sunday February 24, 2019.
The City of Sarnia is an inclusive and equitable Corporation that encourages applications from qualified individuals of all genders, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and Aboriginal persons. Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the hiring process as required by the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Information received relating to accommodation and diversity will be addressed confidentially.
Personal information is being collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Privacy Act and will be used for employment assessment purposes only.
Interested in joining us for the summer? Here is how to apply, along with the guidelines for submitting your application:
Review the job opportunities we have available this summer and make note of the corresponding vacancy number.
Send an email to email@example.com with the appropriate subject line (see example below). Ensure our preliminary questions are answered in the body of your email, and your resume is sent as an attachment (word document or PDF only – NO GOOGLE DOCS PLEASE).
Subject: VACANCY # – APPLICANT NAME
Example: 2018-SS-001 – JOHN SMITH
Please read the information below carefully. Failure to follow these guidelines may result in your application not being considered:
- One application is required for each vacancy you wish to apply for.
- If you are applying for more than one vacancy, please rate the vacancies in order of preference in the body of your email.
- We only accept applications by email. Applications received in person, through fax, mail, or other methods will not be considered.
- Your answers to our preliminary questions must be included in the body of your email.
- Verify that your subject line matches the above example.
- Apply on time! Applications received after 11:59 p.m. on Sunday February 24 may not be considered.
Please include your answers in the body of your email and attach your resume as a pdf or word file – NO GOOGLE DOCS PLEASE.
- Are you returning to full-time school in the fall? To qualify to work as a summer student for the City of Sarnia, you must be returning to full-time studies in September 2019.
- Are you available to work evenings and weekends? Some positions may require evening and weekend shifts. Evening shifts can be until 11:00 p.m., and weekends can include Saturdays and Sundays, as well as Statutory Holidays.
- Have you worked for us before? If so – when, and which position?
- What is your available start date?
- Are you available to work and willing to commit for the full work term for the position(s) you are applying to?
- Are you related to a City Employee or Councillor? If yes, who, and what is your relation?