Sept 25, 2020 – New Public Health Measures Implemented Provincewide to Keep Ontarians Safe – Restaurants, bars, nightclubs and other food and drink establishments.
City facilities including City Hall, Sarnia Transit, and Public Works have reopened as of Monday, July 27th, 2020. Visitors to City Hall are required to use the Christina Street entrance. Citizens are encouraged to call ahead as many services require appointments.
A secure drop-box located at the Christina Street doors to City Hall is available for residents wishing to drop off payments, letters, applications, etc. Residents are encouraged to use available online resources, or contact City Hall by Phone: (519) 332-0330 Ext 3131 or Email: email@example.com.
- Practice physical distancing at all times.
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- Sneeze or cough into your arm or sleeve.
- Consider a wave in place of a handshake, a hug or kiss.
- Reduce your exposure to crowded places by shopping or using transit during non-peak hours.
- Encourage those you know are sick to stay home until they no longer have symptoms.
- If you become ill, stay home until you are no longer showing symptoms. Contact your health care professional or local public health authority and tell them your symptoms. They will give you advice about what to do next.
- Some people may transmit COVID-19 even though they do not show any symptoms. Wearing a mask, including a non-medical mask or face covering (i.e. constructed to completely cover the nose and mouth without gaping, and secured to the head by ties or ear loops) can help protect others around you.
The City has established a COVID-19 Hotline and enhanced the City’s website with up to date messaging pertaining to closures, contact information for public health agencies, and contact information for other essential government services.
The service allows the public to file anonymous concerns or provide tips relating to businesses or individuals who may be in violation of Provincial Orders regarding a range of COVID-19 concerns, including:
- Social distancing relating to private property;
- Non-essential businesses operating in contravention of Provincial Orders;
- Individuals returning to Ontario from outside the Country that are failing to follow Quarantine or self-isolation measures;
- Businesses not taking the advice, recommendations and instructions of public health officials regarding physical distancing, cleaning or disinfecting; and/or
The COVID-19 email reporting service is monitored daily including nights and weekends to provide the best available response to public concerns and we continue to encourage residents to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The phone line is available Monday to Friday, excluding holidays, from 8:30am – 4:30pm and all messages received after hours are cleared the next business day. The number is 1-877-4-SARNIA (1-877-472-7642).
Details of the number of complaints and inquiries received to the Hotline are shown within Media Releases.