The City of Sarnia Accessibility Awards recognize local businesses and individuals that excel at creating inclusive environments and awareness for people with disabilities. The awards are held by the Sarnia Accessibility Advisory Committee to recognize these contributions to an inclusive, barrier-free community as an example to others.
Nominations are now open for the 2022 City of Sarnia Accessibility Awards. Nominations close Oct. 1, 2022.
Please continue reading to learn more about the award categories, criteria, and to make a nomination.
The following criteria are used to select award winners:
- Nominated businesses must have opened at least one year ago
- Businesses cannot nominate themselves, nominations must come from outside the organization
- All businesses must be located within the City of Sarnia
- Nominators must describe / demonstrate how businesses have gone above and beyond to create an accessible and inclusive environment for people with disabilities
- Only individuals are eligible for Providing Outstanding Individual Customer Service in a Social Service Sector Award. Businesses are not eligible for this award.
- All nominations must be completed using the online form on this page or a paper nomination form
- Only one winner is permitted per each award
Accessibility awards are divided into the following categories:
- Prelude to Excellence Award, large business – recognizes organizations with 50 or more employees for creating inclusive business environments
- Prelude to Excellence Award, small business – recognizes organizations with less than 50 employees for creating inclusive business environments
- Exceptional Leadership in Customer Service Award – recognizes exemplary service for people with disabilities
- Creating Opportunities for an Accessible Community Award – recognizes community leadership in inclusive programming for people with disabilities
- Exceptional Accessible Physical Environment Award – recognizes excellence and innovation in developing inclusive design in built environments
- Going Above and Beyond Award – recognizes a business or individual that shows forward thinking when servicing and assisting people with disabilities
- Outstanding Customer Service in a Social Service Sector Award – recognizes an individual who has gone above and beyond to provide customer service to people with disabilities in the social service sector
2022 Award Nominations
You can nominate a business or individual for a 2022 City of Sarnia Accessibility Award by using the online form below.
If you require assistance completing a nomination form or require another format you can contact the City’s Accessibility Coordinator via phone at 519-332-0330 ext. 3307 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.