Online voting continues for its sixth day.
As of 4 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 19, 2022 a total of 6,581 electors had cast their vote via the internet voting system. This represents a participation rate of approximately 12.25 per cent.
Online voting continues until 8 p.m. on Oct. 24.
The City has opened a Voter Help Centre on the first floor of City Hall which will operate from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., seven days a week, from Oct. 14 to 23. On Election Day, Oct. 24, the Voter Help Centre will be open 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
The Voter Help Centre can:
- Provide for internet voting on site via internet voting kiosks;
- Assist electors with casting their vote via internet voting kiosks;
- Confirm if an elector is on the Voters’ List;
- Process Applications to Amend the Voters’ List, including additions and corrections allowing for an elector to receive a Voter Information Letter including an internet voting PIN; and/or
- Replace a lost Voter Information Letter.
Residents can also call the Voter Help Centre at 1-877-472-7642 for any election related support.
For more information about online voting visit www.sarnia.ca/OnlineVoting.
In-person voting via paper ballots will take place on Oct. 24 from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. In-person voters can vote at any one of nine voting places located across the City. For more information on in-person voting visit www.sarnia.ca/InPersonVoting.
Sarnia Transit will offer free service on Oct. 24 to assist electors in accessing in-person voting.